Just the other day, I have been given the Liebster Award by
So, I did not know what this award was, but on Evi’s site, it was an award (more like some sort of chain) for beginner bloggers. After a quick Google based research, I discovered the word Liebster is German for Beloved, Cute, Lovely, Dearest, and more importantly and relevant, WELCOME!
For those of you that are unfamiliar with it, the Liebster Blog Award is an honorary award for beginner bloggers, to help them build their audience. Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 3-5/ 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
OK, here I go, I am going to begin. Now.
11 things about myself.
1) I have a plan to travel the world, see every sight and maybe bring my friends along. The world is just so big and diverse and beautiful not to see it all or at least most of it. I would first travel the US, and then maybe go to Canada, Europe….
2) I love marine biology. I was first introduced to marine biology when I studied coral reefs for a biome project in fourth grade. I loved learning about the beautiful fish, how dead skeletons could make such marvelous “cities” a city of colors, a perfectly working and functioning place.
3) I also love engineering. I was introduced to engineering in fourth grade as well, where I was put in a program where, with Lego bricks, we made small machines. I also did the Lego robotics program, and even used the NXT Lego Robotics Set, with which I built a Lego sumo wrestler, which won a tie for 2nd place.
4) I don’t like Olaf, from Frozen. I just don’t.
5) I play the viola and piano. I bet some readers are going: “Wait, what the heck is a viola. Does Isa mean a violin?”
No, it’s a viola.
It’s very similar to the violin, just a bit bigger, with a string that plays lower notes instead of the violin’s higher notes. Many people think that it’s not that much of a popular instrument, but it’s as important as a violin because it plays the harmony at the same rhythm. Many times.
It’s also not so high and squeaky. Besides, violins are so overrated. 😉 I’m just kidding they are beautiful, I play the violin too.
6) I love Lego’s. I first built with them when I was seven, and ever since, I have collected them. I have most likely several thousands of Lego bricks. Oh, and I loved the Lego Movie.
I love drawing and books I don’t know how to paint. Sadly. But I plan on taking lessons and have begun to teach myself. Here’s one:
It’s a really bad scan. Oh well. I’ll post better ones.
8) I ship Caleo. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
9) My favorite quotes are “If someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”, “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” and “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live”
Actually, there’s a lot more, but those are some of them.
10) I also love the Lord of the Rings, X-Men, The Matrix, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Star Wars… (I’m a nerd)
11) I don’t have a favorite color. It changes depending on how I feel, but honestly, colors can be pretty when they are paired with another perfect color. It always works.
Now I have to answer 11 questions. These questions were asked by Evi.
1. 1-5 words that describe you.
Perfectionist, Indecisive, Crazy, Hardworking, and … Happy.
2. How do you feel right now, and why?
Happy and Entertained, because I am answering these pretty nice questions.
And also pondering, because I recently watched the Hobbit and am comparing it to the book. 🙂
3. Who’s your favorite author?
I don’t know, maybe Rowling, Riordan or Roth. 🙂 Hmmm… Most likely some one like Dan Gutman (Frindle, The Homework Machine) or James Dasher (the Maze Runner, The 13th Reality) or Collins, (The Hunger Games). Or Rowling. 🙂
4. What’s your favorite book?
Hmmmmmm…. Maybe The Deathly Hallows, The Giver, The Little Prince, Around the World in 80 days or (because I am very strange in my opinions) Animal Farm. Yes, I do know that Animal Farm is about animals taking over the farm, but I still like the satire. It’s just so strange in a way…
5. Name a time where you wanted to jump for joy, you were so happy.
When I found someone who had watched all the movies I had. Finally, someone to share in the fandom.
For reals, when it was announced that we were going to Washington DC.
6. The one time you blushed so hard…
So, I was trying out for a part in a play, and my character was supposed to be really angry, angry enough to kick the small innocent bunny prop that was on stage. So, I yelled as loud as I dared, and when I finished, everyone, even those who had been talking among themselves about the script, were staring.
7. Literary character you would totally date.
Leo Valdez, or Percy Jackson. Sorry, Annabeth.
8. Who/what is your favorite song/singer/band?
My favorite song is Gangam Style. No I’m kidding that is definitely NOT my favorite song. I like Little Talks by Monsters and Men, Pompeii by Bastille. I also love Fun, Pink, and Imagine Dragons.
9. In Greek mythology, who would you be the daughter/son of?
I would be the Daughter of Athena. She is a kick-butt mom, and she was so nice to Odysseus in The Odyssey. She is clever, and fought the meanie Poseidon. Yes, I did read the Odyssey before high-school. I almost regret it, it was so long.
I am also really nerdy, and believe being logical is the way to go.
10. Pick a Hogwarts house. The one you’re in, the one you like, the one you hate.
I am in Ravenclaw (or Hufflepuff). I love everyone in Hogwarts, except the bullies. I expect that not all the bad guys were in Slytherin. I mean, look at Cormac McClaggen. He was a jerk, and he was in Gryffindor.
11. Last one! Can you write something? Anything. A poem, a post, ramblings from your head.
Don’t you see in my answers that I am truly indecisive!? It’s such an annoying trait of mine. I can never make up my mind, because I find really good things in everything, and flaws in everything.
My Questions for my nominees!
1) Listen to the Harry Potter theme song (Hedwig’s Theme) the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit theme (The Shire) and the Star Wars theme song. Which do like best?
2) What is your favorite book?
3) If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
4) Favorite Piece of Clothing?
5) Favorite Animal?
6) What fictional character would you have for a best friend?
7) Mechanical Pencil, Regular Pencil, Pen or Quill? 🙂
8) Pick a time in history you would like to visit. Where and why would you go?
9) Cookies or Cupcakes?
10) What traffic sign is your favorite and why? (I know it’s a weird one, but answer it)
11) Any advice for the people of the world?
My Nominees are:
Chloe from Free As A Girl With Wings
MK from Through the Pencil Tip
Achala Upendran from Where the Dog Star Rages
OK it seems I am done. Peace out. 😛