A Golden Trio is never a trio with two… Ron being excruciatingly important to the team. I hate how unappreciated he is! This guy deserves more attention, he was so brave, and such a great dynamic character.
So, I’m not even done with Harry (which you can go see in this post), but, I’ve started the second part of the Golden Trio. Those losers are so much fun to draw.
(Also, I’m really into the whole African descent Hermione, especially for the hair!)
A very quick doodle of the amazing LUNA LOVEGOOD!
She’s such a precious character, and I’ve been seeing her all over Tumblr, so I was inspired. Stay tuned to Books and Stuff for a Luna post I look forward to sharing!
Gosh, IT’S BEEN SO LONG! I’ve had a very busy life. I’ve had… 3 orchestra concerts, a bunch of swimming, and choir, and homework… and finals which were soooooooooo stressful so my days were like:
Well, they were a bit better, but still. My science one was probably the hardest. I think I did very well on it though.
As for my concerts, i had an after school one were I got FOURTH CHAIR (out of 22)hows that. The front chair people were amazingly good, the violin one soloist though… was amazing! So I felt proud, I hope you guys get opportunities to really show your talents too, I bet just by blogging you guys already are!
Is anyone else just loving legend of Korra? Or, say that finale for ONCE UPON A TIME. I felt like crying where Belle did the unthinkable, just… *fangirls*
Anyways… thought I’d just catch you up. I have winter break coming, along with the anniversary of A Doodler’s Freedom! Yay!
Also, I even more recently got the same award from Evi! Thank you I’m so honored!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people.
Well, here are the questions! Gosh, I learn so much about even myself answering these!
- What’s your favorite quote?
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- One place you’ve always wanted to visit?
Maybe London, Brazil, or Japan. I’m so stereotypical, but I have my reasons.
- Do you have a favorite book you always re-read?
- What’s your favorite film?
Ahhh… I like so many it would be hard to decide, but I like Mulan, since I was younger, always.
- Favorite Disney sidekick?
You can’t be serious, I HAVE TO CHOOSE? Probably… Maximus the deadly horse from Tangled.
- If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life what would you eat?
Bread or bread-like food. I think it’s delicious, and it’s also life sustaining.
- If money wasn’t an option and you could do anything for 24 hours what would you do?
If money is not applied, probably shopping, at an amusement park, reading at a book store, and… bringing my friends along.
- Do you prefer peanut butter of Nutella?
Haha, funny: I’m allergic.
- Favorite joke?
I find all of mine from Readers Digest, but I like this one from the Big Bang Theory show: A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink.
- Favorite kind of pizza topping?
Well, I honestly really like pepperoni, but I love putting basil on my pizza.
1. What is the wackiest/coolest/everything-else-in-between fandom you’re obsessed with?
It has to be Avatar the Last Airbender, or Harry Potter, or Percy Jackson. GAH THEY’RE ALL GREAT!
2. What is your favorite song/album/artist?
I really like Pink, Fun, and Kelly Clarckson.
3. Weirdest search term for your blog? (Or comment.)
I don’t know what people look up and suddenly find my blog, so, I’ll go with comment: They are all so weird because I can’t believe people actually comment on my blog, I’m serious. Also, any comment saying they can’t draw. Anyone can draw, but not everybody is meant for drawing. You have your own kind of art!
4.What’s the funniest thing someone has said to you/that has happened to you recently?
My brother was talking about Cheerio’s, but he kept saying Oreo’s. That’s the funniest thing today, he was hilarious, I told him, each time he repeated ‘oreo’ that he wasn’t calling it by the right name. Little brothers. *shakes head*
5. How many bookshelves are in your house (I dunno. I’m curious)?
Three or Four? They’re kind of big. And growing.
6. Favorite TV show?
What kind of a question is this? *runs and hides* Well, top three have to be Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Once Upon a Time, and… Big Bang Theory? That or something like Cosmos or Nova.
7. Favorite animal?
8. One thing you would do if you were immortal?
Well, make lots of money, donate a lot of it to finding cures to things like cancer. and help others get education, also try a lot of jobs, travel the world.
9. Hogwarts house?
Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.
10. Godly parent at Camp Half-Blood/Camp Jupiter?
Athena, Greek, please. I’m too hopeless to be Roman.
WELL! That’s over with. I’m kidding, I love answering questions, sometimes. 😛 I’m awfully sarcastic, I annoy even myself. Ten questions for nominees!
1. Favorite kind of candy?
2. Do you like public speaking?
3. If you had to be a famous landmark, which would you be?
4. Science Fiction or Historical Fiction?
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
6. Most stressful time assignment from school?
7. Christmas or Halloween?
8. Do you collect anything?
9. Tea or Coffee?
10. Funniest, or most ironic story you have ever been in or heard?
I nominate only 3 people! I’m sorry, I just don’t know many… But here you go!
Nirvana at Nirvana’s Pocketful
Evi (I know you nominated me, but I was planning to nominate you first so ha!) @ Where Books Never End
Recently, I put up a post on my other blog: Books and Stuff about The Hufflepuff house. Please, I would really appreciate if you could read it! Read The House of Hufflepuff.
Please Follow that blog if you enjoy books and movies, and songs and poems and whatnot, I’ll even post some of my own writing here or on that blog! I will no longer be posting updates about Books and Stuff, only periodically.
Recently, I published a post on these amazing guys: Harry, Ron, and Hermione, known as The Golden Trio.
I believe that they represent each house and the unity of the houses, and what it means to be brave!
Follow this link and read! The Trio and Houses.
So, I’ve disappeared off the face of the blogosphere, but I’m back. Thank you for your patience, my followers who may not pay any attention to this blog.
I cannot believe I am at 52 followers,
or maybe 30, because some followers just follow to spread their name. Thank you guys!
Anyways, to business: I have been nominated for a second Liebster award, by the wonderful Chloe from Free As a Girl With Wings and because these are fun, I decided to make this new post.
The rules are as follows:
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
Share 11 things about yourself
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
Nominate 3-5/ 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
11 things about myself
1) I love origami. It is so beautiful, precise, and detailed it’s hard for me to resist. Origami is a beautiful art that is so HARD AND FRUSTRATING sometimes but calm and relaxing at others.
2) I like making duct tape things. What can I say? I’m crafty.
3) I have a Lego watch.
4) I am overly hesitant about dresses. And skirts. They seem awfully inconvenient, but are so beautiful and fun to wear. I never like the necklines of my dresses, and never know how to wear them. (P.S. Any advice…?)
5) I recently fell in love with the show Avatar: The Last Airbender. IT’S AMAZING it’s killing me…
6) I swim competitively. I’ve been swimming for as long as I can remember, and I am now pretty good, if I don’t say so myself.
7) My favorite Disney movie is probably Mulan, Tarazan, or Brother Bear.
8) I can’t dance. I might learn. Might. Now you know. Be warned.
9) My favorite unhealthy food is either chocolate or chips. Or ice cream. My favorite healthy food, (actually, it seems that everything is unhealthy in one way or another these days) is corn, oranges, or blueberries.
I’m running out of things to say. I’m a hard-worker, which is good because…
11) I’m not lucky (I really am not). So I work hard.
Okay, so now it’s time for my questions. Asked by Chloe!
1. What is your absolute favorite book ever and how many times have you read it?
It’s not my absolute favorite, but it’s close, and I’ve read it the most, it’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and I’ve read it 4 times I think.
2. What is your music style?
Geez… I don’t know. I like pop, also classic, I also like almost Disney style. Love their songs.
3. Do you play an instrument? if so, what is it?
I play the viola, the violin, and the piano. I also sing, but not much.
4. How long have you had your blog?
Ah, let us go back to the beginning… I’ve had A Doodler’s Freedom for 6 months and 7 days. Ever since Christmas Eve of 2013. It’s a young blog. 🙂
5. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
Art. Not really any specific art, it can vary and wander. I like to show my own art, others, and just any art in life, including everyday tasks. I wrote a post about bravery being an art, and I like to talk about any art.
6. Bucket List?
-Go Skydiving (so cliche, I know)
-Watch all Disney movies
-Become an artist of a sort. Musician maybe even.
-Write a book
-Design and help build and furnish a house.
-Travel the world, visiting almost everywhere
-Write a song
7. Preferred nail polish color?
I usually don’t paint my nails, so I only have this dark purple blue color. I do think my hands look nice in orange, though.
8. A song that represents your love life, a song that represents your social status, and a song that represents you on the inside?
Eh… What love life? I have nothing to worry about yet, I have not gotten there. Of course, I have had crushes, but nothing serious, not even serious crushes. So, I’d say Hakuna Matata.
My social status? I’m kind of neutral. I’m not popular, but not invisible either. (I think). I do find myself being a leader, and hard-worker. So, I’d say: Almost There from The Princess and the Frog. What can I say? I love Disney. But other than that? Probably Hall of Fame by The Script, about working hard, not giving up, doing your best.
And me on the inside? Hall of Fame, or Firework, maybe.
9. Your hero and a little about them?
Greg Mortenson is going to be my focus, though I also admire my family, Malala, Jobs, and many others.
If you have read Three Cups of Tea, you know Greg Mortenson. It’s a wonderful book, you should read it. Mortenson was a mountain climber, and he wanted to reach the top of the second tallest mountain in the world, known as K2, located in Pakistan and Baltistan. He wanted to do this in memory of his sister who had recently passed away. He couldn’t make it, and on his way down he got lost, and separated from his group. He found himself in a village, where he was greeted by many children, and he talked to the leader. He saw where the children learned. It wasn’t in a school. It was out in the cold air, and the children were writing in the mud.
From then on, Greg worked to make schools and help children in the Middle East go to school and college. Even in difficult times, he doesn’t stop.
10. Camp NaNoWriMo/NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program accounts? If so, what novel(s) are you writing? If not, would you consider joining?
I don’t have an account, no. But it sounds interesting, and I do have an idea for a book. I would consider it, but I don’t exactly know what it is.
11. Ebook or Real Book? Why?
GAH! This is hard. I like real books because they feel real, and it’s really nice just to hold and flip the page, but they take up so much room and can be annoying. I do love how they look, and that I can see all the books I’ve read at a glance. I have a NOOK, but not much is on there.
11 Questions for my Nominees!
1) Favorite Movie?
2) Favorite Quote?
3) Pancakes or Waffles?
4) A song that pretty much sums up yourself?
5) Bucket List?
6) How old is your blog?
7) Do you play an instrument?
8) Favorite Word?
9) If you were to make something that could make the world a better place, what would it be?
10) Favorite show?
11) Any advice for people, anywhere, doing anything?
So, my nominees are [drum-roll]:
Tolkienfan from Not all who wander are lost.
Danni E11a from Danni E11a
Magicandwriting583 from Magic and Writing
So, that concludes today’s post. I’m sorry I’ve disappeared, you know, I had other things to get on with. But thank you for your patience!
Just the other day, I have been given the Liebster Award by
So, I did not know what this award was, but on Evi’s site, it was an award (more like some sort of chain) for beginner bloggers. After a quick Google based research, I discovered the word Liebster is German for Beloved, Cute, Lovely, Dearest, and more importantly and relevant, WELCOME!
For those of you that are unfamiliar with it, the Liebster Blog Award is an honorary award for beginner bloggers, to help them build their audience. Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 3-5/ 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
OK, here I go, I am going to begin. Now.
11 things about myself.
1) I have a plan to travel the world, see every sight and maybe bring my friends along. The world is just so big and diverse and beautiful not to see it all or at least most of it. I would first travel the US, and then maybe go to Canada, Europe….
2) I love marine biology. I was first introduced to marine biology when I studied coral reefs for a biome project in fourth grade. I loved learning about the beautiful fish, how dead skeletons could make such marvelous “cities” a city of colors, a perfectly working and functioning place.
3) I also love engineering. I was introduced to engineering in fourth grade as well, where I was put in a program where, with Lego bricks, we made small machines. I also did the Lego robotics program, and even used the NXT Lego Robotics Set, with which I built a Lego sumo wrestler, which won a tie for 2nd place.
4) I don’t like Olaf, from Frozen. I just don’t.
5) I play the viola and piano. I bet some readers are going: “Wait, what the heck is a viola. Does Isa mean a violin?”
No, it’s a viola.
It’s very similar to the violin, just a bit bigger, with a string that plays lower notes instead of the violin’s higher notes. Many people think that it’s not that much of a popular instrument, but it’s as important as a violin because it plays the harmony at the same rhythm. Many times.
It’s also not so high and squeaky. Besides, violins are so overrated. 😉 I’m just kidding they are beautiful, I play the violin too.
6) I love Lego’s. I first built with them when I was seven, and ever since, I have collected them. I have most likely several thousands of Lego bricks. Oh, and I loved the Lego Movie.
I love drawing and books I don’t know how to paint. Sadly. But I plan on taking lessons and have begun to teach myself. Here’s one:
8) I ship Caleo. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
9) My favorite quotes are “If someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”, “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” and “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live”
Actually, there’s a lot more, but those are some of them.
10) I also love the Lord of the Rings, X-Men, The Matrix, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Star Wars… (I’m a nerd)
11) I don’t have a favorite color. It changes depending on how I feel, but honestly, colors can be pretty when they are paired with another perfect color. It always works.
Now I have to answer 11 questions. These questions were asked by Evi.
1. 1-5 words that describe you.
Perfectionist, Indecisive, Crazy, Hardworking, and … Happy.
2. How do you feel right now, and why?
Happy and Entertained, because I am answering these pretty nice questions.
And also pondering, because I recently watched the Hobbit and am comparing it to the book. 🙂
3. Who’s your favorite author?
I don’t know, maybe Rowling, Riordan or Roth. 🙂 Hmmm… Most likely some one like Dan Gutman (Frindle, The Homework Machine) or James Dasher (the Maze Runner, The 13th Reality) or Collins, (The Hunger Games). Or Rowling. 🙂
4. What’s your favorite book?
Hmmmmmm…. Maybe The Deathly Hallows, The Giver, The Little Prince, Around the World in 80 days or (because I am very strange in my opinions) Animal Farm. Yes, I do know that Animal Farm is about animals taking over the farm, but I still like the satire. It’s just so strange in a way…
5. Name a time where you wanted to jump for joy, you were so happy.
When I found someone who had watched all the movies I had. Finally, someone to share in the fandom.
For reals, when it was announced that we were going to Washington DC.
6. The one time you blushed so hard…
So, I was trying out for a part in a play, and my character was supposed to be really angry, angry enough to kick the small innocent bunny prop that was on stage. So, I yelled as loud as I dared, and when I finished, everyone, even those who had been talking among themselves about the script, were staring.
7. Literary character you would totally date.
Leo Valdez, or Percy Jackson. Sorry, Annabeth.
8. Who/what is your favorite song/singer/band?
My favorite song is Gangam Style. No I’m kidding that is definitely NOT my favorite song. I like Little Talks by Monsters and Men, Pompeii by Bastille. I also love Fun, Pink, and Imagine Dragons.
9. In Greek mythology, who would you be the daughter/son of?
I would be the Daughter of Athena. She is a kick-butt mom, and she was so nice to Odysseus in The Odyssey. She is clever, and fought the meanie Poseidon. Yes, I did read the Odyssey before high-school. I almost regret it, it was so long.
I am also really nerdy, and believe being logical is the way to go.
10. Pick a Hogwarts house. The one you’re in, the one you like, the one you hate.
I am in Ravenclaw (or Hufflepuff). I love everyone in Hogwarts, except the bullies. I expect that not all the bad guys were in Slytherin. I mean, look at Cormac McClaggen. He was a jerk, and he was in Gryffindor.
11. Last one! Can you write something? Anything. A poem, a post, ramblings from your head.
Don’t you see in my answers that I am truly indecisive!? It’s such an annoying trait of mine. I can never make up my mind, because I find really good things in everything, and flaws in everything.
My Questions for my nominees!
1) Listen to the Harry Potter theme song (Hedwig’s Theme) the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit theme (The Shire) and the Star Wars theme song. Which do like best?
2) What is your favorite book?
3) If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
4) Favorite Piece of Clothing?
5) Favorite Animal?
6) What fictional character would you have for a best friend?
7) Mechanical Pencil, Regular Pencil, Pen or Quill? 🙂
8) Pick a time in history you would like to visit. Where and why would you go?
9) Cookies or Cupcakes?
10) What traffic sign is your favorite and why? (I know it’s a weird one, but answer it)
11) Any advice for the people of the world?
My Nominees are:
Chloe from Free As A Girl With Wings
MK from Through the Pencil Tip
Achala Upendran from Where the Dog Star Rages
OK it seems I am done. Peace out. 😛